jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Problem with NodeIterator
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:02:59 GMT

Hello Kisu,

> Hi Arn,
>
> Thanks for your reply. All these nodes are attached to one
> Parent Node. Even
> nodeIterator.hasNext() also taking lot of time.  There is
> definitely something wrong, while accessing  large node sets.
>
> I think, 10K nodes under one parent node is quite common
> thing I guess. I am doing this whole exercise to see if
> jackrabbit is best bet for CMS implementation for a major
> European automotive company. It will be a very big
> implementation and 10K nodes would be quite common.

10K nodes in JackRabbit are added with a unit test within a few seconds.
It is just that it gets hard when you add them all as a flat list
directly to one single parent (though I think i have done 10k quite
frequently without problems). I have JackRabbit running with millions of
nodes in unit tests, but you just need to structure the data just a tiny
bit to not have them all in one node (try it with your local filesystem
and see what happens :-) ).

Can you test wether having a little bit of structure solves your issue?

Regards Ard