jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Colin Bielen" <CBie...@comcastnets.com>
Subject Error When Running consistencyCheck or Rebuilding Indexes.
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 05:11:49 GMT
Hi group. I have a content import/export related issue that's stumping me:

We've written a jackrabbit importer that does a node-by-node system view export of approximately
200k content items from a source JCR in to an jboss-embedded Jackrabbit 1.3.3 repository using
the Derby Bundle PersistenceManager.

The import seems to run and complete OK, and the jackrabbit repository appears to store/read/query
the content correctly accross multiple expected (and unexpected) restarts.

However, when we delete the content indexes (or even just set the PM "consistencyCheck" option
to "true") we get the following error followed by a failure to start the repository:

2007-11-09 20:25:41,836 ERROR [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager]
Error in bundle
ERROR XJ073: The data in this BLOB or CLOB is no longer available.  The BLOB/CLOB's transaction
may be committed, or its connection is closed.
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedBlob.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getBlob(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager.checkConsistency(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:693)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleDbPersistenceManager.init(BundleDbPersistenceManager.java:571)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager.init(DerbyPersistenceManager.java:265)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager(RepositoryImpl.java:1117)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.access$600(RepositoryImpl.java:99)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl$WorkspaceInfo.initialize(RepositoryImpl.java:1695)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initWorkspace(RepositoryImpl.java:540)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.initStartupWorkspaces(RepositoryImpl.java:379)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:286)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:521)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCARepositoryManager$Reference.create(JCARepositoryManager.java:167)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCARepositoryManager.createRepository(JCARepositoryManager.java:75)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAManagedConnectionFactory.createRepository(JCAManagedConnectionFactory.java:289)
	at org.apache.jackrabbit.jca.JCAManagedConnectionFactory.createConnectionFactory(JCAManagedConnectionFactory.java:124)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.ConnectionFactoryBindingService.createConnectionFactory(ConnectionFactoryBindingService.java:128)
	at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.ConnectionFactoryBindingService.startService(ConnectionFactoryBindingService.java:65)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
	at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)

Has anyone else come accross this issue?  Our initial suspicion was some sort of database
corruption but when we comment out the  <SearchIndex>
declaration from the workspace.xml the repository starts up fine and all the non-query related
functions seem to work as expected.
We also did a node walk of the entire repository to try and flush out any corrupt nodes but
couldn't find any and all the content appeared correct.

Any advice or insight as to what's going on would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Colin

P.S. Here are the persistence manager options we're using:

<PersistenceManager class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.DerbyPersistenceManager">
           <param name="url" value="jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true"/>
           <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
           <param name="consistencyCheck" value="true"/>
           <param name="consistencyFix" value="true"/>
           <param name="derbyStorageInitialPages" value="16"/>
           <param name="derbyStorageMinimumRecordSize" value="8192"/>
           <param name="derbyStoragePageCacheSize" value="1024"/>
           <param name="derbyStoragePageReservedSpace" value="20"/>
           <param name="derbyStoragePageSize" value="16384"/>
</PersistenceManager>