jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kaizer Shaikh <Kaiz...@mastek.com>
Subject RE: OCM - Issue while loading list of classes at that path itself.
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 11:41:43 GMT
Hi,

Lot of mails has moved back n forth on this topic and hence the original point got lost :-(.
I will take this opportunity and state what I wanted and what all I have tried so far which
has worked as well as not worked.

I want to retrieve the list of objects stored under a given node directly. Since it is list
of objects the API that is currently exposed is getObjects(Query query) in ObjectContentManager.
In the Query I set the filter's scope as the same path that I used when I was storing the
object. Since it did not work, I tried to form different jcr:expression (and languages like
SQL too :-)) and using the OCM.getObjectIterator(String query, String language) API. In this
approach I was successful only for certain expressions (mentioned in earlier mail).

While storing an object in OCM under a path nothing is created below that Node. Hence I am
not sure whether this is a bug in OCM's QueryManagerImpl.buildJCRExpression or JackRabbit
(basically trying to retrieve self or descendant nodes for a path)?

I am not looking for a new feature but the existing API (OCM.getObjects(Query)) to return
the results when scope is set at the same place where the object was stored.

Regards,
Kaizer

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe Lombart [mailto:christophe.lombart@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:08 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: OCM - Issue while loading list of classes at that path itself.

Are you not looking for an API like this :

ocm.getObjects(String pattern);

Otherwise, you are welcome to make a proposal in Jira.

br,
Christophe

On Nov 14, 2007 5:49 AM, Kaizer <Kaizers@mastek.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In that case, how can i retrieve a collection of objects of the same type
> stored under the same path as there is no API provided by the
> ObjectContentManager to get objects under a path? There is an api to
> retrieve only a single object by path. If I have stored say, 10 "Page"
> objects under "some/test", the path I will give while querying should be
> some/test and not its parent node "some", as that is the actual path that
> under which the object is stored. Also, I may have another node under
> "some", which is a sibling of "test" and which also stores "Page" objects.
> In this case, i would get the objects under this node as well rather than
> only under "test".
>
> Regards
> Kaizer
>

> Christophe Lombart wrote:
> >
> > On Nov 13, 2007 10:45 AM, Kaizer <Kaizers@mastek.com> wrote:
> >

> >> /jcr:root/some//test//element(*, ocm:page)
> >>
> >> it doesnt work.
> >>

> > because you have not ocm:page nodes under some/test.
> > If I understand correctly how JCR is making queries, this expression
> will
> > not select the node /some/test. It will check only his descendants.
> >
> > Christophe
> >

> --

MASTEK LTD.
Making a valuable difference
Mastek in NASSCOM's 'India Top 20' Software Service Exporters List.
In the US, we're called MAJESCOMASTEK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not that of Mastek Limited,
unless specifically indicated to that effect. Mastek Limited does not accept any responsibility
or liability for it. This e-mail and attachments (if any) transmitted with it are confidential
and/or privileged and solely for the use of the intended person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
This e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. It
is the responsibility of the recipient to run the virus check on e-mails and attachments before
opening them. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly delete this e-mail from desktop
and server.