jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CND Reader Error
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:03:21 GMT
On 11/1/07, loproman <loproman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm trying to define custom node types using the CND reader example
> found at:
> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/nodetype/cnd.html
>
> I started out trying my own example, and was receiving a ParseException no
> matter how simple I made my input. After reading and re-reading the
> documentation, I tried plugging in the example provided in the documentation
> to see what happened:
>
> <ns='http://namespace.com/ns'>
> [ns:NodeType]>ns:ParentType1, ns:ParentType2 o m
> -ex:property='default1','default2' ! m a p * version <'constraint1',
> 'constraint2'
> +ns:node(ns:reqType1,ns:reqType2)=ns:defaultType m a p *  version

that example is unfortunately incomplete. it's missing a namespace declaration
(prefix 'ex' is undeclared) and definitions of various  other
referenced node types
(e.g. ns:ParentType1,ns:reqType1 etc).

> After doing so, I am still getting a ParseException, "Error while parsing
> 'ex:property'."  I checked the encoding of my file (which is a standard txt
> file on Windows XP SP2.) I found it to be encoding type Cp1252, and I also
> verified that the file I was trying to open was opening by printing out the
> contents. At this point, I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am using the
> 1.3.3 build. Any ideas?

the nested exception of the parse exception should provide a detailed
error description (such as 'unknown prefix' etc).

if you post your cnd that produces errors i'll have a look at it.

cheers
stefan