jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Dail" <chrisd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:15:28 GMT

> > Has there been any though in starting an Apache
> > Commons project to provide WebDAV support?
>
> Not as a Commons project, but it was discussed
> as a part of HttpComponents. The most recent
> discussion took place on general@jakarta:
> http://www.nabble.com/-discuss--Slide-%2B-HttpComponents-%3D%3E-TLP-tf4207242.html

Thanks for the information on the HttpComponenets project. I was not
aware of the plans there to include WebDAV. I think this would be the
most logical place to put the new WebDAV client as there is already a
lot of interest to do so.

> Oliver made a fix in Subversion, but there was
> nobody who could release a fixed Slide, either
> as a minor update to the last Slide release years
> ago, or as a new release of the current code in
> Subversion. Projects that cannot address security
> vulnerabilities need to be retired. This does not
> depend on the availability of an alternative. It
> depends only on the availability of a developer
> community.

This makes sense. I think this was a good move as it makes people
aware of the state of the Slide project. It seems as though many other
projects out there are using Slide as a WebDAV client. Hopefully the
retirement of slide will spur interest in a new WebDAV client project.

Thanks for the clarification

Chris