jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Thompson" <elephant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi-Value properties of type REFERENCE
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:40:11 GMT
Could you explain more about the data you need to model and why the MODEL,
MCODE, and TOPIC types have the relationships you described?  In my
experience, it's usually not necessary to use a lot of references in a
repository.  If you're used to modeling things in a DB, it's natural to look
at references to link nodes, but most use-cases are pretty well handled by a
good node structure.

As for using multi-valued REFERENCE properties, I think you could do that in
the same way as you'd use any other multi-valued property.  Just construct
an array of Value objects holding the REFERENCES and pass that into
setProperty().

I haven't actually tried this, so there might be a problem I don't
foresee...I'm sure more knowledgeable members of the community will chime in
shortly :)

-Brian