jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CacheManager slowing performance
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:48:40 GMT
Hi,

> hanging on something in the Cluster package, before I removed it.
> Just wondering if there was something obvious I was doing wrong.

It would be great if you could post the results! The YourKit snapshot,
or the java.hprof.txt file when using -Xrunhprof:cpu=samples,depth=8
or something like that; or just class, method name and percentage of
the problematic code. If the cluster package is slow we should find
out why.

> running out of file handles

If you use 'older' file based persistence managers that could be a
problem (not sure). For me (I use Windows XP) the file handles is
usually not a problem, but the number of directories and files
(deleting such a repository took hours sometimes). With database or
bundle persistence managers this is usually not a problem at all.

> how many things I should do at a time before retiring the session.

As far as I know, there is no limitation.

> If I need to bulk insert several hundred thousand nt:files/nt:folders,
> because I'm migrating from an old system, what is the best strategy
> concerning my JCR Session?   Should I be able to use a single Session
> the entire time as long as I'm doing a session.save() after I copy each
> file?

Yes, a single session and save from time to time is the best solution I think.

> DataStore

It is not available in Jackrabbit 1.3.

Regards,
Thomas