jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JNDI Persistence Manager on MySql DB via JBOSS 4.2.2
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:14:15 GMT
Hi,

The configuration looks OK. You have used pparam just in the mail? Why exactly?

> Did I miss any binding concerning the DataSource definition?????

Maybe!!!!! ;-)

Could you try if you can open the connection using JNDI in another
way? The only way I know is to write a small code snippet, could be in
a JSP page:

        DataSource dataSource = (DataSource) ic.lookup("java:jdbc/MySQLDB");
        System.out.println("@@@Connection: " +
dataSource.getConnection() + " @@@");

Or something similar. If you get "null", then there is something wrong.

> Is it a matter related to the "weird JackRabbit JNDI client"??

I wouldn't say weird, but when I have used JNDI with JBoss (a long
time ago), configuration was difficult, and for some reason 'new
InitialContext()' was not working (I don't remember why).

> Can I set the mysql DB as XA-datasource? Could it be a solution to this issue?

I don't think so.

Regards,
Thomas