jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CacheManager problem
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:48:16 GMT
Hi,

> So, huge number is probably linked to TOO MANY
> opened sessions or NEVER released session?

I think it's unclosed sessions. I just saw there is no finalizer
method in SessionImpl, so if a session is not used and not closed, its
caches will not be removed. I suggest to add a finalizer to
SessionImpl, and close it there. I am usually against finalizers, but
for higher level classes such as SessionImpl it may make sense (given
that if you don't close sessions, you will run out of memory). An
exception should be logged in the finalizer, with the stack trace of
the code that opened the session, to help find the root cause.

Could it be linked to TOO MANY query over that sessions?

No, I don't think so.

> But in short term, ability to change this interval allows me to
> experiment and set it to value working for me

Sure, but for the given problem (163095 caches) I think changing the
value will not be a solution.

Thomas