jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Mueller" <thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CacheManager problem
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:39:58 GMT
Hi,

> What do you think about resizeAll value (resizeAll size=163095)?
> Is it too high? Is it normal?

It is definitely _not_ normal. Normal is a value below 100. It is
possible to reproduce this by opening many sessions. Are you sure the
sessions are closed? Could you verify this in the code or using a Java
profiler (for example YourKit)?

> Recently I exposed public method on CacheManager which allows to setup
> resize interval programatically.

I saw that, but I think it is the wrong way to solve the given
problem. In my view, it may be dangerous to change the resize
interval, because with a higher interval out of memory can occur, and
with a lower interval then the time required to resize grows.

Thanks,
Thomas