jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:48:03 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 26, 2007 5:42 PM,  <ossfwot@dubioso.net> wrote:
> The best starting point for now would be the Jackrabbit
> client code that is just waiting for somebody to release it.

The code is available in a release as a part of the jackrabbit-webdav
component, but the client code is just a part of that component since
(as already pointed out) the main focus within Jackrabbit is on
implementing a WebDAV server instead of a client.

If there are enough interested people, I think it would make lots of
sense to separate the generic client code into an independent
component and perhaps also move it to the HttpComponents project where
it would probably attract more interest than within Jackrabbit.
Jackrabbit could keep using the code as a normal dependency.

Angela, what do you think?

BR,

Jukka Zitting