jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing a Session or a Session per web user
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:27:23 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 26, 2007 4:27 PM, qcfireball <qcfireball@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Question:  what is the maximum number of concurrent read-only uses of a
> Session would you recommend? 10 / 50 / 100 / no limit?

Personally I'd recommend allowing only a single concurrent thread to
use a session. Even though multiple concurrent threads may work fine
with current Jackrabbit, this hasn't really been very well verified
and some of the cache data structures might well hide serious
concurrency issues. It is also possible, perhaps even likely, that in
some future release Jackrabbit will start explicitly synchronizing
access to a session to simplify and streamline internal locking
mechanisms.

BR,

Jukka Zitting