jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Checking if node exists
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:03:49 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 23, 2007 12:45 PM, hsp_ <piccinatto@ibest.com.br> wrote:
> By the way, is there a way to get the path of a node by your uuid, without
> have to get the node and get the path?

No. To get the path of a node in Jackrabbit, the system needs to load
the node states of the node and all its ancestors. Lucklily most of
the ancestor nodes are typically already cached so you don't see the
full performance hit of loading all those nodes.

If you really need a fast (like an in-memory HashMap) uuid-to-path
lookup mechanism, I suggest you implement such a map on the
application level and keep it up to date using observation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting