jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Best Practices/Design Patterns
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:56:19 GMT
Hi,

On Nov 7, 2007 6:15 AM, loproman <loproman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there has been any research or documentation developed
> on best practices working with repositories?  Specifically, I'm wondering if
> there are any ideal patterns out there for working with the JCR API.

I think the closest thing to best practices we have is the David's
Model documented at http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel.

> I've seen lots of primitive examples where nodes are accessed directly via
> "getNode" and "addNode" etc. However, I think a more scalable solution would
> need to wrap nodes with domain logic (similar to how DTO objects are used
> with a relational database I suspect).

I tend to avoid wrapping JCR nodes into custom Java objects, since
IMHO in many cases that's just an extra layer of complexity with
little value, but that's just a personal opinion.

BR,

Jukka Zitting