jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repository modelling problem
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 13:31:12 GMT
Hi,

On 11/1/07, malsi <islam.el-sayed@epfl.ch> wrote:
> But I still have the problem of accessing each user's mail: there has to be
> a way (maybe through java ACL) to grant or deny acces to reading a mail
> stored in the repository. With this feature of the data store, how can we
> set the reading/writing rights of every user?

The data store operates much lower than the access controls, so you
can treat the managed binaries as totally separate instances. It's on
the storage level where Jackrabbit detects duplicates an only stores
an internal reference to the single copy of the binary.

Essentially, you can have any number of separate message nodes, stored
at different times in different paths using different ACLs, and
Jackrabbit with the data store would still detect duplicate binaries
within those messages and only store a single copy internally.

BR,

Jukka Zitting