jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repository modelling problem
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:06:38 GMT
Hi,

On 11/1/07, malsi <islam.el-sayed@epfl.ch> wrote:
> One of my goals is to "merge"  the same mails that 2 (or more) different
> users received in their mailboxes, i.e I store the same mail only once.

If you're mostly interested in saving disk space (i.e. not waste space
for the 5MB attachment that is travelling back and forth on a mailing
list of 1000 recipients :-), then you may want to consider using the
data store feature in the upcoming Jackrabbit 1.4 release (current
trunk).

The data store will automatically store only a single copy of any
unique binary, so even if you have thousands of copies of the same
attachment, Jackrabbit will internally only store it once. The nice
part about this feature is that it's totally transparent to the user,
and you don't need to worry about it in your content model.

BR,

Jukka Zitting