jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using Hadoop (HDFS) as a storage in JR
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:27:22 GMT
Hi,

On 10/30/07, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to use Hadoop as a storage (filesystem implementation) for
> JackRabbit? Probably there is ready-to-use filesystem interface
> implementation, or we need to create them from scratch?

You need to add an implementation of the Jackrabbit FileSystem
interface to do that. The current implementations are based on memory,
the normal file system, and a relational database.

It would be interesting to see a HDFS implementation, but I'm not sure
if HDFS is really a good match for the needs of Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting