jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:26:18 GMT
Hi Thomas,

Thomas wrote:
> Did you (whoever that is) consider starting a project outside of
> Apache? There are other communities as well, for example SourceForge,
> Google Code, JavaForge, and others. The project can still be moved to
> Apache later on. Or would that be really bad? If yes: why?

No, we didn't consider that yet. The problem at this point is
not really to find a place where to host it: a new lab or the
Jackrabbit sandbox are two options, I'm fine with either of
those. Once the project goes into Incubation, it makes little
difference from where it comes.
The real problem is to find people who can and want to invest
time into the project. Having an Apache label attached to it
might put it into a better position... or else not.

cheers,
  Roland