jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:02:48 GMT
Roland Weber wrote:

> I'm sorry if I sound gloomy, but I'd really like to know the
> plan/strategy/vision/buzzwordofyourchoice for the infant project
> before somebody dives into the code.

not gloomy at all.

the only thing that matters from my point of view is:
writing useful code that is supported, bugfixed and released.
and this requires both: active users and active developers.
it does not require: declarations of intent.

and that's the only reason why i suggested to start any kind
of effort on the jackrabbit project.
once we see that the webdav-project keeps indeed growing
we can split the webdav-stuff off to a separate project.

up to know the amount of valuable contributions from other
people to the webdav-code in jackrabbit is negligible.

that's make me a bit suspicious and i wouldn't want the
jackrabbit-webdav project to be moved to another place
and then being retired (as it happens to slide) due to
lack of time/money/whatsoever.

angela