jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:26:24 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>> Angela Schreiber wrote:

> :-( I was but for some reason mixed up and thought it supported xpath
> and sql search...but this is the JCR Webdav Server only.

feel free to add SEARCH support to the simple-server.
that shouldn't be such a big deal (unless you are looking
for basic-search ;).

up to know we (day) didn't have the need for search with
the simple server. that's why it's not supported yet.

looking forward to seeing your code

the SearchResource implementation in o.a.j.webdav.jcr.SearchResource
(jackrabbit-jcr-server project) may give you some initial hints, how
to add Search-support to the simple-server.

however, you should be aware that with the jcr-server
each Node object represents a dav-collection and each Property a
non-collection resource, whereas in the simple server the mapping of
Nodes to webDAV resources is defined by the IO-handling and by
the 'collections' entry in the config.xml... that makes the difference
requires more than just copy/past. this just as a little remark.

View raw message