jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 14:26:24 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
>> Angela Schreiber wrote:

> :-( I was but for some reason mixed up and thought it supported xpath
> and sql search...but this is the JCR Webdav Server only.

feel free to add SEARCH support to the simple-server.
that shouldn't be such a big deal (unless you are looking
for basic-search ;).

up to know we (day) didn't have the need for search with
the simple server. that's why it's not supported yet.

looking forward to seeing your code
angela

ps:
the SearchResource implementation in o.a.j.webdav.jcr.SearchResource
(jackrabbit-jcr-server project) may give you some initial hints, how
to add Search-support to the simple-server.

however, you should be aware that with the jcr-server
each Node object represents a dav-collection and each Property a
non-collection resource, whereas in the simple server the mapping of
Nodes to webDAV resources is defined by the IO-handling and by
the 'collections' entry in the config.xml... that makes the difference
requires more than just copy/past. this just as a little remark.