jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: regarding method SEARCH in webdav client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:39:11 GMT
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> at [1] it says:
>
> "In addition, the webdav libraries from the Jakarta Slide project for
> the SearchMethod class do not seem to work correctly with Jackrabbit
> (not sure if the libs or Jackrabbit), instead you need to use
> org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.client.methods.SearchMethod where you
> need/should use javax.jcr.query.Query.SQL and
> javax.jcr.query.Query.XPATH constants as parameters to define the query
> type."
>
> Indeed, when doing a search from slide webdav lib I am getting a 405
> method not allowed. Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?

in case you are talking about the simple (standard) webdav
server in jackrabbit:

=> the SEARCH method is not implemented there.
    so method not allowed is probably appropriate.

as is stated on the jackrabbit-site: the simple server
implements dav1,2 and deltaV.

in case of the jcr-server (dav remoting):

=> SEARCH method is implemented but only XPATH/SQL query
    languages. not the basic search.

however: as the jackrabbit-site states, the aim of that
implementation is remoting jcr-calls over webdav. dav compliance
and usability with any webdav-client was not the primary goal.
see jackrabbit/sandbox/spi2dav for the client part.

so. please check which servlet you are refering to.

angela

> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/WebDAV

btw: i find that page pretty confusing, outdated and not really
helpful.