jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Index Filters dependencies
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:39:54 GMT
Marcel Reutegger wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> After digging sometime through the Maven repo
>> I figured out that the Index Filters are part of the package
>>
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-index-filters/1.2.3/

>> such as for instance the HTMLTextFilter
>>
>> During download I have seen that this package depends on Jackrabbit
>> core 1.2.3
>>
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-index-filters/1.2.3/jackrabbit-index-filters-1.2.3.pom

>> whereas the most recent Jackrabbit core is 1.3.3
>>
>> Would it make sense to upgrade these dependencies?
>

> development on the jackrabbit-index-filters has been discontinued and
> as of jackrabbit 1.3 there were no more releases for that module. the
> new module jackrabbit-text-extractors implements the same
> functionality and is a redesign of the jackrabbit-index-filters. see
> also release notes of the 1.3 release:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.3/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> (the section about upgrading to 1.3).

thanks for the info. It just seems to be that the classes specified within

http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/components/text-extractors.html

have different packages now and are not available within the
jackrabbit-text-extractors jar.

I guess the above documentation probably needs some update.

Cheers

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup