jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Index Filters dependencies
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:28:06 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:
> After digging sometime through the Maven repo
> I figured out that the Index Filters are part of the package
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-index-filters/1.2.3/
>

> such as for instance the HTMLTextFilter
>
> During download I have seen that this package depends on Jackrabbit core
> 1.2.3
>
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/jackrabbit/jackrabbit-index-filters/1.2.3/jackrabbit-index-filters-1.2.3.pom

> whereas the most recent Jackrabbit core is 1.3.3
>
> Would it make sense to upgrade these dependencies?

development on the jackrabbit-index-filters has been discontinued and as of
jackrabbit 1.3 there were no more releases for that module. the new module
jackrabbit-text-extractors implements the same functionality and is a redesign
of the jackrabbit-index-filters. see also release notes of the 1.3 release:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.3/RELEASE-NOTES.txt (the
section about upgrading to 1.3).

regards
  marcel