jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit WebDAV
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:57:38 GMT
hi mike

Mike Oliver wrote:
> http://localhost:8081/jackrabbit-webapp-1.3.3/server/

but that's probably not the webdav-functionality you
are looking for if you are coming from slide.

i would rather look at

http://localhost:8081/jackrabbit-webapp-1.3.3/repository/default/

where '/default' is the default workspace name
and  '/repository' is the prefix for the simple server that
provides file-based view to the underlying jcr repository.

there is not too much docu available but the index.jsp
provides that at least this information and explains the
difference between the jcr-server-servlet and the simple-server.
at least it used to....

> I know that JackRabbit isn’t the same as Jakarta Slide and not expecting
> it to be, but one thing we did right on that project was create a
> runnable war file that doesn’t require any learning curve to get
> started.  Install the war file, create the network place and login as
> the root:root user and start creating content folders and documents.  If
> JackRabbit did that, then I think more people would try it and use it
> and then spend the time to learn how to make it all it can be.

good to know.
i will create an enhancement request for that into jira.

thanks for the hints.
angela