jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Problem with NodeIterator
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:27:23 GMT
Kisu San wrote:
> This has significantly increased the performance. Thanks Marcel.  Now it is
> taking 9547 milli seconds to get 1000 matching nodes out of 10,000 nodes.
> Initially it was 222,406 milli seconds.
>
> Anymore tips to improve this performance further?

that requires more detailed analysis. what persistence manager do you use? maybe
getting the 1000 nodes through the persistence manager takes the time. Is the
time spent looping over the result node iterator, or is it still spent on the
first hasNext() call? what's the exact query do you execute?

if the loop takes 10 seconds to run, you can also create a couple of thread
dumps while the program runs. this will show you quite easily where the time is
spent.

>>> param name="respectDocumentOrder" value="false"/
>
> I have tried this some time back, but it did not help at all. I have created
> the nodes with this value 'true' and then changed to 'false' at the time of
> firing query.
>
> It seems that jackrabbit did not pick up these changes. I thought when I
> logout and login to session, it will pick up the new repository.xml changes.
> Am I wrong here. Do I need to do anything else.

you have to restart the whole repository, otherwise the change won't have any
effect.

regards
  marcel