jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OCM - Issue while loading list of classes at that path itself.
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:16:11 GMT
Kaizer wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I dont have any nodes under test but as you mentioned,
> "jackrabbit also allows you to use the descendant-or-self axis anywhere else
> in the path", so if i want to get the "test node", which would be the
> self-axis, the query /jcr:root//some/test//element(*, my:type) should work.
> At least that was my understanding from the spec.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20/#abbrev. the example there says:

"Each non-initial occurrence of // is effectively replaced by
/descendant-or-self::node()/ during processing of a path expression. For
example, div1//para is short for
child::div1/descendant-or-self::node()/child::para and so will select all para
descendants of div1 children."

regards
   marcel