jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OCM - Issue while loading list of classes at that path itself.
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 09:29:41 GMT
Kaizer wrote:
> I was trying to have a deeper look at this problem and found that its
> related to the way the jackrabbit QueryManager searches based on the
> jcrExpression. Suppose I've created two nodes "some/test" under the root
> node. Now, if i create a query like ("/jcr:root//some/test//element(*,
> "my:type")"), I dont get any results. If i create the query as
> ("/jcr:root//some//element(test, "my:type")"), it works fine. I had a look
> at the JCR spec and it says that the constraint for obtaining Descendants or
> self path is /jcr:root/some/nodes// element(*, my:type).

this is just the mandatory feature set, jackrabbit also allows you to use the
descendant-or-self axis anywhere else in the path.

/jcr:root//some/test//element(*, my:type)

will not return results because you probably have no nodes under /some/test

also note that the first // is unnecessary in your case.

regards
  marcel