jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR WebDAV Question
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:42:39 GMT
ok. let me summarize your problem:

- you are using the jcr-server
- you want to renaming existing resources (i.e. Move)
- the move fails.
- you have an error in the log file indicating illegalargumentexception.

> Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

yes.
the exception is thrown in the locator factory of the jcr-server.
namely upon retrieving the path of the repository item from
the move-destination.

what the factory expects as argument is is a resource path starting
with /workspace-name/jcr:root and it assumes
that the path of the repository item (that it tries to retrieve) is
everything behind that.
obviously this is not the case in your test.

can you please send a an extract of the http conversation
that shows the MOVE operation?
that would help me to decide whether there is a bug in the
code (what was the nature of it).
thanks

> Has anyone else had a similar problem?

no. not yet.