jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Vikas Bhatia" <vik...@gmail.com>
Subject changing property of a checked in node
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:18:35 GMT
I have a node that is versionable. Here is the CND

===
[mcd:xy] > nt:base,mix:versionable
  orderable mixin
  - mcd:language (string) mandatory
  - mcd:url (string)
  - mcd:title (string) ignore mandatory

===

Here is the title is set to "ignore". After the node with this
nodetype xy is first created, we can change the title without checking
out the node. i.e., the title changing does not need the node to be
checked out.

But once a new version of node xy is created, lets say the new version
1.1, we cant change the property mcd:title without checking out the
node. if we try to change the title without checking out the node, the
error is

javax.jcr.version.VersionException: cannot set the value of a
checked-in node, /a/b/c/xyz:title

The behavior is confusing.. if the node is not versioned, you can
change the property, but once the first version is created, you
cannot... is that expected behavior. I thought that by setting the
title attribute to "ignore" you could change the property without
checking the node out.

Is this a bug or expected behavior?

V.