jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bill <trac...@gmail.com>
Subject Quick clarification on FirstHop example?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 02:39:08 GMT
Hi folks,

 After some Maven fun, I've got Jackrabbit built and was experimenting
with FirstHop.java. It compiles fine once classpaths are set right..
but no "logged in" output is generated.

  So that leads me to two basic questions:

1) Should this sample work all by itself?
2) If yes, what are some common failure causes I could dig into?

Originally I'd thought maybe the example needed a pre-config'd
repository to attach to. But the code explanation seems to indicate
it's fully standalone, "hello world" style.

If it is standalone and should be working I'm happy to dig, read and
experiment, but it would be extremely useful to get some pointers as
to what potential points of failure to look into first. System and
version specifics are:

- Jackrabbit 1.3.3
- Built with Maven 2.1(due to JCR-1192 (javacc\fulltext issue))
- JDK 1.6.0_33
- Windows XP

Thanks,
-Bill