jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: performance question
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:49:15 GMT
On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 09:09:33PM +0100, Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> About 'speed up removal of entire domain object node with all of it's
> children' somebody else might help you, because I do not (yet) know
> enough about this part. I am not sure what happens when you remove an
> entire domain.

In fact I'm talking about a deletion of certain node which has a lot (several
hundreds of thousands) children. We noticed this operation takes long time to
process and consumes a lot of resources, so we decided to move such nodes,
needed to be removed, into special subtree, which is being cleared once per
day. However this doesn't solve the issue - when the removal operations start,
the repository access is slowing down several times, and overall performance
degrades.

May be there is something we can do to relax repository when deletion
operations occur?

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky