jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <b...@redwerk.com>
Subject Re: using Hadoop (HDFS) as a storage in JR
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 16:44:07 GMT
On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 10:27:22AM +0200, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/30/07, Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to use Hadoop as a storage (filesystem implementation) for
> > JackRabbit? Probably there is ready-to-use filesystem interface
> > implementation, or we need to create them from scratch?
>
> You need to add an implementation of the Jackrabbit FileSystem
> interface to do that. The current implementations are based on memory,
> the normal file system, and a relational database.
>
> It would be interesting to see a HDFS implementation, but I'm not sure
> if HDFS is really a good match for the needs of Jackrabbit.

Hello!

We were thinking in this way and we had implemented the FileSystem interface
which should support the HDFS. However for some reason it doesn't work, in
fact looks like JackRabbit ignores it when creating the repository - we are
seeing the LocalFileSystem is being used, and no methods are called from our
implementation.

We borrowed the working example of repository.xml file and replaced all
occurences of LocalFileSystem with our HDFSFileSystem, but that didn't do the
trick. Did we miss something, and how is it possible to easily debug which
filesystem implementation JackRabbit chosen and why?

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky