jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From qcfireball <qcfireb...@yahoo.com>
Subject RMI Observation
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:22:27 GMT

I noticed that when registering a new Observer via RMI, if I do not provide a
"thread trick" the Thread immediately dies, and the Observer with it.

Basically I am synchronizing on an arbitrary Object, then calling 'wait'.
Not a very nice solution, but it works for now.  Seems like a hack to me.

I guess it makes sense that the Thread would immediately die without some
kind of effert.  I am wondering how other people are making sure that their
Observer does not die?  Are there ways that are preferred over others?

Is this behavior going to be the same when registering an Observer within a
web container, directly using the Jackrabbit API's?