jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Andrea K." <akre...@alteanet.it>
Subject Cluster & Backup
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:02:26 GMT

Hi all,
Can you help me to find the right solution to backup a clustered JR?

Details are:
1. JR on Oracle 10g database (repository and cluster tables)
2. Local directories (each server) with configuration files and indexes (+
revision.log)

How can I backup it?

A question is (I describe a situation):
- Server 1 is updated to revision 120 (i.e.) and I backup it (server is
stopped).
- Server 2 is updated in the meanwhile to 124 (i.e.) and I backup it (server
is stopped).
- Server 1 is restarted and write some revisions up to 127.
- Server 1 is restarted and write some revisions up to 135.

If Server 1 crash and i re-apply backup indexes up to 120, will it work or
some revisions are skipped as generator is itself during Server1 initial
reindex?

Thanks a lot for your help.
BR,
Andrea -