jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kisu San <Kishore....@gmail.com>
Subject Problem with NodeIterator
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:12:26 GMT

Hi Arn,

Thanks for your reply. All these nodes are attached to one Parent Node. Even
nodeIterator.hasNext() also taking lot of time.  There is definitely
something wrong, while accessing  large node sets.

I think, 10K nodes under one parent node is quite common thing I guess. I am
doing this whole exercise to see if jackrabbit is best bet for CMS
implementation for a major European automotive company. It will be a very
big implementation and 10K nodes would be quite common.

Ps. now i created this thread in users.

>>> original query

Dear All,

I have a problem with NodeIterator, which is taking lot of time. I am using
Jackrabbit 1.3.3 and jcr 1.0 jars.

Below is my code, my query is been executed in a reasonable time, but when I
try to loop through the result set using NodeIterator it is taking time. I
have 10,000 nodes out of which 100 are matching nodes (satisfying where
clause of query)   And each of these 1000 nodes associate with a binary
file.

        QueryResult results = getQueryResults(query); ==> is executing in
reasonable time (XPath query)

        NodeIterator it = results.getNodes(); ==> is executing in reasonable
time

        for (int i= 0; i < it.getSize(); i++){
                        Node n = it.nextNode();  ==> is taking lot of time.

I have tried with rowIterator and it is the same case. Some one from this
forum told me that this problem was fixed in one of the earlier releases.
Can anyone give me any in sites of how this can be fixed. Or What is the
other alternative to use NodeIterator.