jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From qcfireball <qcfireb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JCR WebDAV Question
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:20:20 GMT

I can copy new files into a WebDAV folder, and I can create a new file within
the WebDAV folder, but as soon as I try to change the filename, I get an
error that looks like a permissions error.  This is inconsistent with the
first part of my statement, I can in fact, modify the existing file, and can
paste new files into the WebDAV folder.

The error that I see in the Jackrabbit log is as follows, and I checked all
of the other logfiles and there is no further information about what
happened:

01.11.2007 13:23:42 *ERROR* [JCRWebdavServer]: Servlet.service() for servlet
JCRWebdavServer threw exception (SLF4JLocationAwareLog.java, line 174)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unexpected format of resource path.
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.DavLocatorFactoryImpl.getRepositoryPath(DavLocatorFactoryImpl.java:64)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.AbstractLocatorFactory$DavResourceLocatorImpl.getRepositoryPath(AbstractLocatorFactory.java:356)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.DavResourceFactoryImpl.getItem(DavResourceFactoryImpl.java:206)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.DavResourceFactoryImpl.createResourceForItem(DavResourceFactoryImpl.java:188)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.jcr.DavResourceFactoryImpl.createResource(DavResourceFactoryImpl.java:99)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.doMove(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:601)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.execute(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:250)
at
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.AbstractWebdavServlet.service(AbstractWebdavServlet.java:193)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at
org.jstripe.tomcat.probe.Tomcat55AgentValve.invoke(Tomcat55AgentValve.java:20)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?  Has anyone else had a
similar problem?

I have tried both the DriveOnWeb and Novell:NetDrive WebDAV clients, both
with the same results.  The WindowsXP WebDAV client works so poorly, that it
may as well not work at all.