jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From malsi <islam.el-sa...@epfl.ch>
Subject repository modelling problem
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 10:54:07 GMT

Hi,

I am facing a small repository modeling problem here :
I would like to create some sort of mail archiving system with jackrabbit
for several users based on filters that they set  in advance.
One of my goals is to "merge"  the same mails that 2 (or more) different
users received in their mailboxes, i.e I store the same mail only once.
Offline users can access their personal mail.
Performance is a key factor in my implementation, so I am looking for the
most efficient repository model for this project. For now I am modeling in
the following way:

                 mail
            ____|_________
         userA              userB
            |                     |
    mailboxA              mailboxK
    filterA  filterB                filterL
      |________
mailItemA     mailItemB

and I create a reference to the mailitem from one user to another (if both
users received the same mail). Is there a more efficient way of structuring
my repository ?I have read somewhere that it is not a good idea to use many
references (in my case the number of stored mails can reach 10'000).

Thanks in advance