jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paco Avila <pav...@git.es>
Subject Sharing a Session or a Session per web user
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:15:52 GMT

Our application using Jackrabbit is an Document Management System
(OpenKM). Actually we prevent an user log into the web aplication twice,
so there is only one Jackrabbit Session per web user.

But we also expose several methods via WebServices and here is the
problem: if an user is logged into the web application, the same user
can't user WebService API because he is already logged into the system.

I have think two options:

 - Reuse an existing Jackrabbit Session for both web user and the same
ws api user. PROBLEM: is it a good practice for Jackrabbit?

 - The web user hace one JR Session and the ws api user have another
session. PROBLEM: Every web user need another WS user and this can be
hard to manage because we need to set permissions for both users and
should be the same permissions for them.

Any tip?

Tel: +34 971 498 310
Fax: +34 971 496 189

C/ Francesc Rover, 2B.
07003 Palma de Mallorca – Illes Balears (España)

View raw message