jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Oliver" <moli...@corenttech.com>
Subject RE: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:01:34 GMT
As a committer on Slide, I can say there have been many such conversations
on moving the WebDAV client out and into its own project where it can be
used to serve many other projects.

That WebDAV client code in Slide has been used by itself for lots of other
projects and even as a poor man's API into a WebDAV repository like
SharePoint.

I see no point in having a dedicated WebDAV client for JackRabbit, and can
even argue that a more pure non dedicated WebDAV Client project would serve
as a test for compliance of any WebDAV related project including JackRabbit.

I would be interested in working on pulling that into a separate project if
anyone here wants to help, but I don't have time to do it by my self.

Ollie

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Hartford [mailto:dhartford@ghsinc.com]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:23 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: The state of WebDAV Clients

My understanding is as follows:

There exists a WebDAV client with Jackrabbit, but I do not mean the SPI
approach, but rather the org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav package mentioned
here which is similar to Slide Webdav client:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/WebDAV.

The VFS approach someone mentioned presently relies on the Slide webdav
client, and I know there have been discussions about moving the
Jackrabbit WebDAV client packing to an independent project
(commons-webdav or similar), but this has not moved forward yet.

If you are new to the jackrabbit list, you can troll through the user
mailing list, there has been quite a few references to webdav throughout
the history of the mailing list on Jackrabbit.

My two coppers,
-D

(http://www.nabble.com/Webdav-Client-Examples--tf4803755.html#a13852979)
.