jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Oliver" <moli...@corenttech.com>
Subject RE: The state of WebDAV Clients
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:34:18 GMT
+1 I will watch for notice and will volunteer to pitch in.

Ollie

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 9:30 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: The state of WebDAV Clients

Hi,

On Nov 26, 2007 7:13 PM, Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijvers@hippo.nl> wrote:
> I just read this thread where they discuus merging WebDav client from
> slide and HttpComponents into a new TLP [1]. I don't know the current
> status.

There's been lots of such discussions, both public and private, but
unfortunately little real action (at least as far as I've seen). One
key problem that I see is that there is no single rallying point that
interested people could turn to. As a result these discussions spring
up at conferences, private emails, and various separate mailing list
without anyone having a good idea of the real level of interest.

I'm interested in pushing forward the idea (that's already been aired
a few times) of starting a new WebDAV project in the Apache Incubator
to provide a single forum that all interested people could find and
join. At first we probably wouldn't even need to know which existing
codebase to start working on or even if there really are enough
contributors to get such a project started, but at least we'd have a
way to find out the answers to such questions.

BR,

Jukka Zitting