jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kiehl <christ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Re: Is there a way to initiate building of search index?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:04:15 GMT
Jim Jones wrote:

> New nodes added under the root node aren't search-able unless the index
> is rebuilt by stoppin the repository, deleting the index folders and
> then restarting the repository.

Are you maybe calling Node/Session.save() before exiting you program? New nodes
are automatically added to the search index if you call Node.save() or
Session.save(). Only calling Node.addNode() doesn't add a node to the search
index (see 6.6.7 Search Scope in the JCR spec). I have no other idea why your
nodes are not indexed. Could you please post you code if calling save() first
doesn't resolve your issues?

Cheers,
Chris