jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Jacco van Weert" <1111softw...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR/Jackrabbit backup a bit different with JeCARS
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:14:47 GMT
Hello,

With JeCARS we need(ed) a backup facility to be prepared for nodetype
evolution and general backup reasons.

I decided to do things a bit different, perhaps I am missing some points
:-)... but anyway the first version works fairly well.

The JeCARS backup facility can export a part of the tree (or the complete
tree) it will generate two files for namespaces (exportNamespaces.jb) and a
CND nodetype definition (exportNodeTypesCND.jb).
The third file (exportJeCARS.jb) contains the complete tree information
(except for the binary data) in a "own" format.
The binary data are stored as seperate files in the same directory.

The import facilty will use the information to restore the repository.

The sourcecode is available at http://jecars.sourceforge.net  the backup
tool code is in the package org/jecars/backup. It can be used with any
Jackrabbit repository.
Non jackrabbit repositories should also work with exception of the nodetype
import.

Our repositories don't use versioning (yet!) so no solution for that.... am
afraid...

But hopefully it can help other users also....

And if there is some interest I could give more information or create a
seperate .jar.

Greetings,

   Jacco van Weert