jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Dominique Pfister" <dominique.pfis...@day.com>
Subject Re: Rebuild Lucene Index For Clustered Node
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 14:05:14 GMT
Hi Noah,

sorry for the delay, your post must have skipped my attention.

On 18/10/2007, Noah Vihinen <nvihinen@maven.net> wrote:
> Our current understanding is this.  No matter what, when search
> indexes are removed on a clustered jackrabbit node, the indexes are
> rebuilt from the persistent node/property/value states in the DB,
> ignoring the journal table.  Following that, everything from the
> local journal revision number (in the revision file) up to the latest
> existing revision is replayed.  If the revision file has been
> removed, a new one is created with revision 0, which results in every
> entry in the journal table being replayed.
>
> Is all of this correct?

Yes, this is all correct. As a consequence, if the search index is
rebuilt on startup because it's missing or corrupt, even though it is
already accurate, the index will again be affected by unseen journal
table entries.

Kind regards
Dominique