jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: getIndexingConfigurationDOM from repository node itself
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:24:55 GMT

> Hi Ard,
>
> Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> > Does anybody know if it is possible (or a way) to access a
> repository
> > node that holds the indexing_configuration instead of using a
> > indexing_configuration.xml file?

> Marcel Reutegger wrote:
> that's a very interesting idea.

For the record, it wasn't mine :-) Berry my colleague asked me to have
the indexing configuration available in the repository itself.

> Even though you can provide
> your own indexing configuration implementation you are
> currently bound to an xml file in the file system. but why
> not change that? we could make the configuration path
> property more intelligent, e.g. support paths like
> jcr:/location/in/my/workspace that point into the workspace.

Yes, I had a similar idea to be able to configure a repository path
(though it would ofcourse be nice if something like "jcr:" was part of
the spec). Only thing is that I haven't yet found a way to be able to
get nodes from the repository during initialisation of the SearchIndex,
but Berry told me he knew more or less how to do this.

Would you like this to be part of JackRabbit? I can file a JIRA issue
for it if you like?

Regards Ard