jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Binary Content Search Problem...
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 12:59:53 GMT
Hello Patrick,

> Patrick Wider wrote:
>
> Of course the files contain somehow 'myKeyWord'... the text
> file contains it for sure, but in the Document, 'myKeyWord'
> is wrapped by bold and italic styles. But I don't think the
> styles cause any problems... on the other hand, I have no
> idea how the extractors works ;-) it's just a guess....

Just for pinpointing the problem, what happens if:

1) you search for a word that is not with bold or italic styles?
2) if you replace inputstr with "a string to test myKeyWord", and then
do the search again

You might want to turn on the logging for the indexing and extractors,
perhaps they reveal some problems. Furthermore you might want to take a
look at the latest created index folder after adding a binary doc with
luke [1] and see if the binary data is present as tokens in the index

Regards Ard

[1] http://www.getopt.org/luke/