jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedded Jackrabbit and HSQLDB
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:14:00 GMT
On 10/24/07, loproman <loproman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to run Jackrabbit in embedded mode and have it use HSQLDB for
> persistence. HSQLDB will also be running in embedded (or as they call it
> standalone) mode. So far, I believe this can work, but my concern is that
> the DB being embedded may cause some issues.

that's not a problem since jackrabbit's current default configuration
uses embedded (i.e. in-proc) derby db's.

> I'm wondering if anyone might be able to share a success story having
> already achieved this, or provide any helpful advice on this topic.

although not 'officially' supported you can try the following config:

    <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManager">
         <param name="url" value="jdbc:hsqldb:file:${wsp.home}/db/itemState"/>
         <param name="driver" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"/>
         <param name="user" value="sa"/>
         <param name="password" value=""/>
         <param name="schema" value="default"/>
         <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
         <param name="externalBLOBs" value="false"/>
    </PersistenceManager>

however, there's one caveat: you should properly shutdown the
embedded db. you can do this by subclassing SimpleDbPersistenceManager
and overriding the close() method.

cheers
stefan