jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't add Nodes to CND constrained Repository
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:42:10 GMT
On 10/11/07, BobHitchins <robert.hitchins.ctr@navy.mil> wrote:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> THANKS for the assistance!  Really appreciate it :-)  I was able to add
> nt:base to the inheritance tree and do away with the "mixin" node type.  Is
> stuff like this documented anywhere that you know of?

the best reference is still the jsr-170 specification. you can download it
from http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr170/index.html.

the JCR API javadoc is pretty comprehensive as well.

however, i agree that the exception thrown could be more specific,
i.e. indicating that a mixin rather than a primary type had been specified
for the new node.

feel free to post a jira improvement issue ;-)

cheers
stefan