jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Noah Vihinen <nvihi...@maven.net>
Subject Re: Rebuild Lucene Index For Clustered Node
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:57:57 GMT
I really wish someone could confirm my findings, as there doesn't
seem to be documentation on this.  If I've missed the documentation,
can someone please point me to it?

Our current understanding is this.  No matter what, when search
indexes are removed on a clustered jackrabbit node, the indexes are
rebuilt from the persistent node/property/value states in the DB,
ignoring the journal table.  Following that, everything from the
local journal revision number (in the revision file) up to the latest
existing revision is replayed.  If the revision file has been
removed, a new one is created with revision 0, which results in every
entry in the journal table being replayed.

Is all of this correct?

Thanks,
Noah