jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Khanapurkar, Mona A." <Mona.A.Khanapur...@idearc.com>
Subject Issue with binary property accessed from different machines (repository homes).
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:27:50 GMT
Hello,

I have two machines: dev and test, each with their own repository home
and config file. But the config file in each contains the same settings,
pointing to same filesystem
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.OracleFileSystem), and the same
database
(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.OraclePersistenceManager)
with externalBLOBs property set to false . I have a model 2 deployment
of the repository in both machines on their own tomcat instances. Now,
when I use my test machine to update a binary file
(nt:file->nt:resource->jcr:content->jcr:data), I believe it stores as
blob in the database. When I try to access the same binary file from my
dev machine, it does not find it. It throws the following exception:

ERROR [org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.Databas
ePersistenceManager] - failed to read property state:
a2183cd5-f246-405d-aef1-6c
96293b4a9b/{http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0}data
java.lang.Exception: no such BLOB:
/a2/18/3cd5f246405daef16c96293b4a9b/%7bhttp%3
a%2f%2fwww.jcp.org%2fjcr%2f1.0%7ddata.0.bin
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager$
DbBLOBStore.get(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:1197)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.util.Serializer.deserialize(Se
rializer.java:293)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.DatabasePersistenceManager.
load(DatabasePersistenceManager.java:383)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.SharedItemStateManager.loadItemState
(SharedItemStateManager.java:1155)

If I try to access any other node/property from my dev machine, created
using test machine, it works fine. Just the binary property fails. What
am I doing wrong?

*	Should both machines point to the same repository home and
config file, and not have separate ones of their own?

Thanks in advance.
Mona