jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Khanapurkar, Mona A." <Mona.A.Khanapur...@idearc.com>
Subject RE: TransientRepository Vs. BindableRepository
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 15:19:08 GMT
Thanks for your quick response.

Consider two applications deployed to a server that hosts the repository
configured using BindableRepositoryFactory. Each application gets access
to the shared repository by the following code:

InitialContext context = new InitialContext();
Repository  repository = (Repository)context.lookup("jcr/repository");

My question is, do both applications get the same instance of the
repository? In other words, does BindableRepositoryFactory return same
instance of the repository to both these applications requesting it?

Thanks,
Mona

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 1:44 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: TransientRepository Vs. BindableRepository

Hi,

On 10/1/07, Khanapurkar, Mona A. <Mona.A.Khanapurkar@idearc.com> wrote:
> I would like to have a clear picture of TransientRepository Vs.
> BindableRepository. What are their pros and cons? Which one should I
use
> in what circumstance?

TransientRepository is a simplified Repository entry point, that gives
you default configuration (though you can explicitly override it) and
automatically shuts down the repository when the last session is
closed. TransientRepository is typically used in test or example code,
and sometimes in simple embedded deployments.

BindableRepository is a Repository entry point that can be bound to a
JNDI directory for lookup and use as a shared resource in a J2EE
environment. BindableRepository is typically used in Model 2
deployments in servlet containers.

BR,

Jukka Zitting